1.20.2014

currently home

"she's part of YWAM - Youth With a MacBook..."
I'm on a mission while I'm typing on my MacBook. So much has happened in the past two weeks, indescribable might qualify as an understatement...
Lectures, prayer, worship, shopping in Kalispell, music, cleaning bathrooms and offices (while praying), prayer, church services, people, praying about my future months in the Ukraine, walks through Montana loveliness, homework, movie nights, prayer, dance, writing papers, more praying, buffalo burgers and fried frog legs, a hoedown...it all happens in a week here and we find it very difficult to be lacking activity!
A little bit about lectures:
We've had three key speakers so far covering topics of missions (briefly), hearing God's voice, and the Father heart of God. Each one is excellent ~ so much truth and understanding of God's heart coming at us every day!
Something about prayer:
Hugely necessary and prioritized here! Getting in on a conversation between Jesus, God, and anyone else who happens to be praying/interceding is extremely exciting, I will have to say. It brings you to a place of focus for a passionate vision for an immense world. As John says, "As for you, the anointing you received from Him remains in you, and you don't need anyone to teach you. But as His anointing teaches you about all things and as that anointing is real, not counterfeit - just as it has taught you, remain in Him." (1John 2:27) The Holy Spirit is one reliable teacher! Constantly connected with God...praying through Him is the way to go. :]
A word about cleaning:
Yup, it keeps our costs down, our buildings pretty, and our hearts humble. It's a big part of our DTS.

And you read that right ~ I'm going to the Ukraine!! I can't really contain the excitement. Every day it hits me and the smiles and jitters infect me again. Granted, it's not the continent I thought I'd go to originally, but God made it abundantly clear where I need to be and I am eager to be a part of the awesomeness that's going to happen in the next few months.
Ukraine is not my ultimate mission. It's part of the mission, but there are zillions of mini missions within the prep for what looks like the grander one. Our entire DTS will be going to Seattle in a couple of weeks for "mini-outreach." We'll be inviting God to work through everything we've learned so far here in Lakeside as we apply it to a pre-outreach outreach. If God lays it on your heart to pray for us, we ALL will appreciate it ~ it will be intense!
Coming soon:
Details on the specific ministries happening in Seattle and prospective ministries in the Ukraine...don't miss it! :]
At the Grateful Bread Restaurant/Café...A Vermont plate?!

Paradise Ranch...just up the road...




Currently home. 

1 comment:

  1. Aw! You should have looked for the fellow vermonter in Montana!! How cool!!

    Good update! Sounds like amazing plans and growth. God has His hand over you.

    ReplyDelete